This section outlines words used in this manual that users will need to know before
- Application – Software created by the user to control module specific
functions. This software is downloaded to the master module.
- CAN – This is how the modules communicate with each other. Please
reference Bosch 2.0 A and B Controller Area Network Specification.
- CANLink® Module – HED® product utilizing the CANLink® protocol. A
combination of hardware and software. This includes inputs, outputs, displays,
- CANLink® Protocol – HED® proprietary compatible CAN protocol.
- Display – Programmable piece of hardware that can give a visual
representation of the application
- HED® – Hydro Electronic Devices
- I/O – A module’s means of interface to the physical world – short hand for
inputs and outputs.
- Master Module – The module to which the application software resides
- I/O Module - Client module that has no application software and interfaces its
I/O to the master module
- OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturer
- User – Person operating Orchestra®